Group Classes for pregnant ladies:
Train with a group of pregnant ladies! This is great as you get to learn from other expecting moms by sharing experiences and tips. All this while you working out. The group sessions are planned to be suitable for ladies in all trimesters.
BEFIT has a specific Pregnancy Fitness Class on Saturdays but pregnant ladies are also welcome to attend some of the other classes on the monthly schedule. Please contact us to recieve a list of classes that are safe to do during pregnancy.
CLICK HERE to view the class schedule!
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding training through pregnancy.
Pregnancy Fitness Classes:
Some of the classes during the week is also safe for pregnant ladies to do. Please contact me and I will recommend which of the classes will be safe to do during your preganancy.
Content of a pregnancy fitness session:
- Light cardio training to ensure your weight gain during your pregnancy is kept under control and to the recommended amount.
- Exercises to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles by doing kegel exercises. These muscles are used during labor to push your baby out and will thus make this process easier.
- Strengthening of the arm muscles as you will be carrying and picking up your child and if the muscles in your arms weak this will be quite strenuous for you and cause back injuries.
- Exercises to strengthen the lower back and core to help minimize lower back pain.
- Calf exercises are included seeing that these muscles will take strain later on as your weight increases. This help to prevent cramps in the calves as well.
- Lower body exercises and hip strengthening exercises holding onto the Barre.
- Exercises that opens up the hip and pelvic region to help prepare your body for labor.
- Yoga stretches for relaxation.
Benefits of training during your pregnancy:
- Keep weight gain under control
- Reduce back pain
- Help to have better posture during pregnancy
- Increased ability to cope with the physical demands of motherhood
- Boost your energy levels
- Reduce pregnancy discomfort
- Help to prepare your body for childbirth
- Reduce stress and lift your spirits
- Get your body back faster after childbirth